Monday, January 11, 2010

Friday night (Saturday morning), 4:30am

This whole blog will be about chronecling the many, many different ways in which I am woken up. There are a lot of them and there are many reasons for them.

Here are some reasons:
-We live in an open environment loft kind of arrangement. There are two floors, but only one room that is actually separated from the rest of the space by a door.
-That one room is my 12 year old daughter's room. I can't sleep in there.
-My wife has a job that requires her to get calls from time to time at night.
-My wife has some respiratory issues that I will get into at a later time.
-We have more animals than might be reasonable.
-We live in a building with a too-high ratio of nosy assholes.
-And, this being the most important reason, I am a neurotic mess.

Let's begin with this past Friday night...

My wife also has difficulty sleeping from time to time. Her difficulty sleeping of course becomes my difficulty sleeping. She has an interesting way of handling her sometime sleep difficulty. Friday night or Saturday morning, depending on your perspective and desire to be timeatically accurate, was an excellent example.
At 4:30 am I was woken up by the sound of her emptying the dishwasher. Now, if you were attempting to empty a dishwasher quietly, like, "I HAVE to empty the dishwasher for some emergency reason, but I don't want to wake anyone up while I do it.", you would have a really hard time. I mean, if you were really trying to be quiet, it would be loud.
Dishes clacking together, silver wear tinkling, pots and pans dinging off each other. It's not a quiet thing to do. When you're trying.
My wife will dive into any chore she happens to be doing as though it were noon, even if it is, as I have mentioned, 4:30 am. She doesn't even attempt to empty the dishwasher quietly, which I guess makes sense because there's no way you could do it anyway, but makes me wonder right away, after having been woken up, WHY ARE YOU EMPTYINNG THE DISHWASHER AT 4:30 am?

I asked her to please stop emptying the dishwasher. She said okay then began to move things around from cabinet to cabinet to the point where I almost wanted to ask her to please start emptying the dishwasher again.

No comments:

Post a Comment