Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monday the 11th, 2010

Went to bed last night... No, wait. I went to couch last night.
One of the excellent things about my wife's job is that from time to time she is on call and will need to take calls in the middle of the night. With the terrible time I have been having lately, I decided to attack the issue proactively.
Instead of waiting for her phone to ring and wake me up and piss me off and as I am pissed of have a hard time going back to sleep, I moved myself to the living room first thing in the evening.
I took some earplugs from the computer server lab room where I work and shoved them in my ears. They work quite well.
They work really well.
My wife left for work at about 5:30 am. She passed me on her way out the door, sleeping on the couch. With earplugs in that she didn't know about and couldn't see, but I remember mentioning to her... Of course I could be wrong about that.
When the alarm went off to wake me up at 6:20, guess what I could not hear?
It.
My daughter woke me up at 7:00. Just in time for us to run around like lunatics to get out of the house at 7:20.

So, this was kind of a drag. But I slept like the Dickens.
If you can do that. Sleep like the Dickens, I mean.
Maybe I slept the hell out of the night.
Or perhaps I slept like hotcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment